DCHS Faith Tour
As part of our Inclusion & Fairness@ DCHS approach staff to enhance understanding of different cultures and faiths.
When: Thursday 29th November, 2018, from 9.15am to 1pm
Where: The Open Centre, 152 Pear Tree Road, Derby, DE23 6QD
This is an invaluable experiential learning opportunity , where we will have a guided tour from members of the community and visit Hindu Temple, Mosque, Sikh Gurdwara and Baptist Church in Derby City. There will be multi-cultural food provided as part of the experience*.
Key Learning outcomes:
• Increased knowledge and understanding of culture, traditions and history of diverse groups within Derby City.
• Opportunity to meet local people and ask questions. Identify potential barriers to accessing our services and what you can do to address exclusion and ensure inclusive practice in your area.
Additional booking information
• Please ensure everyone wears trousers and bring head coverings such as scarves or plain hats for visits to the Mosque and Sikh Gurdwara.
• *Please notify Open Centre staff in advance of any allergies for visits to the Gurdwara (where you will be able to enjoy a vegetarian lunch). Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Parking is available on Goodale Street, Richmond Road and Portland Street
Further information via Harinder.email@example.com
Book a place via ESR. search box “Equality” or “Faith” which will bring up “842 Equality and Diversity - Faith Trail”