Staff receive best practice in dementia certificates
We are delighted to announce that another group of DCHS staff have completed their Best Practice in Dementia care course. This is a national accredited course developed and run by the University of Stirling and facilitated by local trainers, including a work based programme made up of 6 modules. The staff received their certificates from the Medical Director of Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, Dr John R Sykes, who said that he was "honoured" to present the staff with their certificates.
The candidates have to submit a piece of work which is externally validated by the university.
- Margaret Smith – Moorfield Day Hospital
- Vicky Newton – Moorfield Day Hospital
- Trudy Dudley – Linacre Ward
- Hayley Sherriff – Linacre Ward
- Heather Walker – Melbourne Ward
- Mandy Wright – Melbourne Ward
- Julie Herrett – Melbourne Ward
- Carol Crompton – Ashgreen
The facilitators were Helen Tilley, Patricia Higgins and Sue Haynes.
Congratulations to everyone involved.