Aspiring to Be (A2B) new leaders programme - applications deadline extended
Applications are now open for the 2nd cohort of the Aspiring to Be new leaders programme and will now close on Tuesday 7 May 2019. The programme is aimed at staff at all levels within the Trust who are looking to take their first steps into leadership and will equip aspirant leaders with the knowledge they need to be a first line leader.
Interested staff should note
- Acceptance onto the training programme is subject to a three stage selection process; an application form, 360 appraisal and a one day assessment centre.
- Assessment centres dates are set for 26 – 28 June and 1-3 July 2019, and applicants should save these dates in their diary until such time as their specific date is allocated. Acceptance will also be subject to your line manager’s agreement to release you from your service to attend programmed events.
- The programme will last for 12 months and will equip aspirant leaders with the knowledge they need to be a first line leader. It will include workshops, coaching sessions, work-shadowing etc. over a total of approx 15 days throughout the year. The sessions will cover:
- Self-awareness and management
- Leading others
- Leading through change
- Leading within the system – understanding both internal functions and external bodies
- Candidates will also be expected to undertake some reading at home and some written reflection on their learning as part of the overall programme. This will not be substantial, (estimated 10 hours over the year) but will be an important part of the learning programme.
- Candidates invited onto the training programme will be invited to input into the course design to ensure development needs are met.
- Information will be shared with your supporting line manager to ensure they are aware of your learning journey should you be accepted onto the programme.
- Evaluations of each element of the programme will be undertaken and collated to gauge the overall success of the learning and support received. This will apply to both course participants and the assessors who have come on board to support the application process.
- Beyond the end of the programme, candidates will have the opportunity to meet with fellow participants to ensure continuation of their development. This will be led by the group and supported within reason by the Leadership Development team.
Quotes from cohort 1
‘The A2B programme completely exceeded my expectations. The team spirit, support and guidance has been second to none. As the weeks went by my confidence and self believe grew immensely. My message is believe in yourself and recognise your worth. Others will soon begin to share your vision’. Danielle
‘I have found the process very eye opening from the beginning to the end. It has given me the opportunity to reflect on myself, my leadership styles and how I impact on a team I may lead. I have found the course both challenging and enjoyable, whilst also being able to network and understand the wider trust. I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone- the support you get is second to none. Katie
’The support and knowledge gained through A2B enabled me to manage and succeed through a period of change and uncertainty in my work life’ Hannah
‘This programme has given me so much - including the building of strong foundations and the confidence to be a leader. It has taught me what makes a great leader and that no matter what our role in DCHS is we can all be effective leaders! It has also been a fantastic opportunity to discover and learn from some of our own (DCHS) talented and inspirational leaders.’ Lisa
For further information regarding the A2B programme please contact:
Leadership Development Training Manager
M: 07917 201565