Strategic Shift update
Together with teams from the University Hospital of Derby and Burton (UHDB), we continue to work together to assess if it would be beneficial and viable for our healthcare system, to transfer a range of outpatient and daycase services from DCHS to UHDB. This work is being referred to as ‘Strategic Shift’ and below is a further update on our progress to date.
- The due diligence process has progressed well, in a bid to fully understand the quality, people, estate, IT and financial implications of the proposed transfer.
- Both organisations have agreed that the DCHS health records service should form a part of the proposed transfer, as its primary function is supporting outpatient and daycase services. There are a small number of exceptions and these are being discussed with the staff concerned.
- It has also been agreed that phlebotomy services at Ilkeston and Long Eaton Health Centre should form a part of the proposed transfer.
- UHDB have confirmed that teams would retain their current structure to minimise any disruption to the service on 1 October.
It is proposed that the DTC would be managed within the UHDB theatres structure but with operational coordination staying under the same current management structure
- This work will inform the final business case to be considered by the Trust Boards at UHDB and DCHS at their meetings in June and July.
- At those meetings they will then be able to make an informed decision as to whether the proposed transfer should take place.
- If agreed, the transfer would take place on 1 October 2019.
We will provide further updates as the business case develops. If you have any questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact Jon Perry, general manager, on M: 07825 364759 or E: email@example.com. Jon Perry and Service Leads will be circulating to all teams within the next two weeks to discuss the situation and take questions from staff.
General Manager – Elective Care
Derbyshire Community Health Services
Tel: 07825 364759