Security Alert / Staff Reminder - Site Visitor identification
Following a recent spate of incidents where visitors and individuals have been challenged on site and they have not been formally identified or carrying any form of identification badge or documents. Please can all staff remember:
- All site visitors must be formally identified by the reception staff and asked to sign in before being issued with a visitor pass.
- Any unexpected visitors must be confirmed and collected from reception by the person that they are there to meet.
- Any visitor who cannot be positively identified must not be issued a visitor pass and they must be turned away and asked to speak with their Trust contact.
If you encounter a person in a secure area that you do not recognise, challenge them to find out if they are lost or are possibly a member of staff, all staff will carry ID. Also report the incident to your manager and if you require an immediate response please contact the police.
It is the responsibility of all staff to close, lock and protect their workplace. You know the workplace better than anyone so protect it. With this in mind have look around at your site and think to yourself how easy is it to gain entry.
- Challenge unknown individuals on site;
- Have belongings and bags out of sight – preferably in a locker;
- Where are keys kept, are they in a safe place (not easily seen or reachable);
- Can the doors be locked and bolts used to stop entry to secure areas;
- Report any suspicious behaviour.
- Lock offices when not in use.
I cannot stress enough the importance of this and it is everyone's responsibility to ensure that windows, doors, buildings, vehicles are secure and locked as this prevents a breach of security.
Many thanks for your support on this
If you have any questions relating to security or the information guidelines above then please contact me on M: 07833 295383 or by email E: firstname.lastname@example.org (secure email address)
Posted on behalf of:
LSMS Security & Emergency Planning Officer