Understanding my world
Join us for a professional’s network exploring how ethnicity, culture and religion may impact on sexual health and wellbeing.
We aim to reduce sexual health inequalities, promote access to integrated sexual health services and support you to:
- Gain a further overview of ethnic, cultural and religious diversity within in Derbyshire and Derby City
- Understand more about the impact of diversity from professionals working directly with local communities.
- Hear from sexual health clinicians about the needs of our diverse communities and how ISHS works to support these.
- Consider how you can adapt your organisations style or behaviour to more inclusive.
- Build your skills, knowledge and confidence.
- Improve your professional knowledge and make new contacts to support you in your role.
We have two sessions available;
Thursday 19 September 2019, 10.00am to 1.00pm
The Derby Conference Centre, DE24 8UX
Tuesday 24 September 2019, 10.00am to 1.00pm
St. Barnabas Centre, Clay Cross, S45 9BU
Registration, tea and coffee will be from 9.30am on both dates.
Book your free place online via the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VC6ZBRV or contact us on T: 01246 515730.
Limited places available, booking is essential.
*Disclaimer*: This is a networking and themed overview and awareness raising event to support you in your role, not a training session. The content at event will include discussion and information on cultural norms, religion and sexual health and wellbeing.