New Patient Handling Risk Assessment and Personal Handling Plan documents
New Patient Handling Risk Assessment and Personal Handling Plan documents for inpatient and community units on SystmOne are now in use. The Patient Manual Handling policy reflects that all staff should now be using these documents. Guidance and prompt sheets for completion of the documents are available for all teams. Please contact us using the details below if you would like a copy.
The key points are:
- Every patient who comes into contact with a DCHS clinician requires a risk assessment for any personal manual handling/assistance to move, transfer or walk.
- If the intervention is a one off the assessment and plan will be informal. The risks and method used can be documented in the record after.
- If there is a plan to visit again this risk assessment and plan will need to be formal and be documented using the Personal Handling Risks and Personal Handling Plan documentation in the patients SystmOne record.
- If the patient is independent this is indicated by ticking the box that says this.
- If there is a current valid DIAG (or Derby City Adult Care) PHRA & PHP document this can be followed but should be added to the patients SystmOne record for others to follow and refer back to as needed.
If you need any further help with these documents please contact the Patient Manual Handling & Bariatric Care team on E: dchst.SafeCareMovementTeam@nhs.net or T: 01246 515 870