Do you work with people who are homeless or living in temporary accommodation?
As you may already be aware Healthwatch Derby and Healthwatch Derbyshire are doing a joint project looking at Health and Social care services of people who are homeless or living in temporary accommodation. For this project we would like your comments and experiences.
Up until the end of the year we are doing engagements and outreaches to gain people’s views and experiences of local health and social care services. We are doing this in 3 ways:
- A face to face survey - which we are currently doing across the city and county with people who are homeless or living in temporary accommodation.
- An easy read survey which we are sending out to a local supported housing accommodation provider to give to their customers who live in their properties. This survey is also available online so others can have easier access.
- An online staff survey – this is the one linked here. We would really appreciate it if you would complete this short survey. We want your views about what works well and what could be improved, and how. Please note that the survey will be available to completed until 16 December.
By staff we mean, professionals, staff members or volunteers who work with client/customers that are homeless or living in temporary accommodation. Please pass this email to any other organisation that you think would be able to input in to this project.
This survey should take 5 – 15 minutes to complete. Please give the specific service name and location so we can ensure that the correct comments are reported to the correct service.
- Instead of “mental health services”, put the services and location “Hartington Unit – Chesterfield”
- Instead of “substances misuse services”, put the service name such as “Aquarius – Derby City” etc.
If you know who the provider is please put this as well. Full instructions are in the survey.
What happens after?
The information will be used towards a report that will be given to the service providers to respond to. It will be presented to the health and wellbeing board and then published for public access.
We are conducting other surveys to discover experiences in other services. We are looking into why people self-discharge from hospital, paramedic and more. These are;
- GP practices
- hospitals services
- mental health services
- substance misuse services
- walk in centre/ minor injury units
- wound clinics
- EMAS (ambulances)
- social care and safeguarding services
If you would like further information, or think your service would be suitable for an outreach or a link to the online easy read version for clients/customers to complete then please contact us at Healthwatch below.
Derby City, E: Beth.firstname.lastname@example.org
Derbyshire, E: Rachel.email@example.com
Healthwatch was set up following the Health and Social Care Act 2012, Healthwatch is made up of local Healthwatch across each 152 local authority. Healthwatch England is the national body. Healthwatch is an independent watchdog for health and social care services. We’re here to find out what matters to people, and help make sure their views shape the support they need.
Lead Engagement Officer
The Council House
Derby. DE1 2FS
Telephone: 01332 643988