Pensions and payroll webinars
NHS Pension Scheme Pre Retirement - The process of retiring and claiming benefits from the NHS Pension Scheme and when to submit a retirement application. This will cover the following:
- 1995/2008 and 2015 Schemes
- How are pensions benefits calculated
- Normal and early retirement
- Applying for pension benefits
- Working after retirement.
Introduction to the NHS Pension Scheme Webinar for new starters - This is targeted at new starters to the organisation, but can also be used for any employees who are members of the 2015 Scheme and would like a brief overview or refresher on how the scheme works. This will cover the following:
- Checking payslips, what payments are pensionable and contribution rates
- How 2015 scheme pensions benefits are calculated
- Opting out, refunds and transfers
- Types of retirement
- Ill health and life assurance benefits
- Increasing pensions benefits
- Applying for pension benefits and working after retirement
- Total reward statements
The pension webinars run monthly so please click on this link to select your subject, date and register.
To compliment the successful pension webinars, we have also introduced seven webinars on key payroll topics, which are available for all your staff and colleagues to join.
Understanding Your Agenda for Change (AfC) Payslip - Suitable for newer employees to the NHS, this webinar is designed to give you an overview on how to read your NHS AfC payslip. This will cover the following:
- Explanation of your pay, allowances and deductions
- Differences between this pay period and year to date balance
- Explanation of the abbreviations
- Payslips in the MySBSPay App.
How to Raise a Payroll and Pensions Query through the NHS SBS Portal - An introduction to our self-service portal, this will cover the following:
- How to register, set your log in details and change your password
- Signing in and viewing your profile
- Using the knowledge articles to find information
- How to create a case for yourself
- How to view a case and add comments.
The self-service portal webinar is currently also available at any time on demand.
Tax (PAYE) Explained - This webinar provides a basic overview of how tax is calculated via the PAYE (pay as you earn) scheme in England, this will cover the following:
- Understanding your tax code &and tax allowance
- The current tax thresholds
- How tax is calculated
- Different tax codes
- P60, P45, P11d forms.
National Insurance Explained - This webinar is designed to give a basic overview of how National Insurance (NI) is calculated, this will cover the following:
- Who pays NI?
- Current NI categories
- Current NI thresholds
- How NI is calculated
- Basic NI aggregation for two or more posts with the same employer.
Understanding Your Maternity or Adoption Pay - This webinar is aimed at employees looking to start a family and find out about the maternity or adoption entitlement, this will cover the following:
- Statutory maternity or adoption pay and eligibility
- Occupational maternity or adoption pay and eligibility
- Calculating average weekly earnings
- Maternity or adoption leave
- Keeping in touch days
- Your NHS pensions contributions whilst on leave
Shared Parental Leave and Pay Explained - This webinar is aimed at employees looking to start a family and interested in finding out how the can share the leave and pay with their partner. This will cover the following:
- Statutory shared parental pay
- Occupational shared parental pay and how this is shared depending on which partner works for the NHS
- Shared parental leave
- Shared parental in touch days
- Eligibility and notice periods
- How leave and pay can be split – scenarios
If you are interested in shared parental we suggest attending the Maternity & Adoption webinar first to understand all your options.
Sickness and Absence Pay Explained - This webinar provides an overview of the sickness entitlement for NHS staff and will cover the following:
- Statutory sick pay
- Occupational sick pay
- AfC absence
The payroll webinars run twice a month and we have dates scheduled for the rest of 2020 so please click on this link to select your subject, date and register.
After registering for the chosen date, a confirmation email containing joining instructions will be sent.
If you have any queries then please get in touch with us by emailing: