Safe access to knowledge and libraries in the time of Covid-19
COVID-19 has seen an explosion of research and knowledge, both around patients who have the virus, and around protecting patients and members of the public who don’t have it. The Libraries are here to support all Derbyshire Community Health Services staff with access to the knowledge and information they need.
The Libraries at Chesterfield Royal Hospital, Kingsway Hospital, Royal Derby Hospital, and Queen’s Hospital Burton are now open again. We’ve made some changes for social distancing and other COVID-19 precautions, including regular cleaning of equipment and study spaces. Please remember to wear your mask and to use hand sanitiser to keep you and your colleagues safe.
Full details of precautions are at:
All the Libraries provide:
- Books: You can check if we have the book you need, and reserve it, at https://www.dchslibrary.co.uk/search-the-catalogue Alternatively, come and browse in any of the libraries which are open. We are quarantining all books returned to the Library, and all books people touch but don’t borrow, so please bear with us if it takes a bit longer than usual to get your books. To protect your colleagues and Library staff, we ask you to borrow books using the self-issue machine. Alternatively you can borrow books by post – just phone or email your nearest library.
- Wellbeing books: To boost your mood and support your wellbeing, borrow from our Reading Well collection. The Reading Well series have been selected by health professionals and people with various common physical and mental health conditions. Check the list at https://reading-well.org.uk/books/books-on-prescription and then check the catalogue for the title you’re interested in.
- Training: Training to help you make the most of library resources, and to critique research articles, is available virtually so you can access it from work or from home, whichever suits you. More information is at https://www.dchslibrary.co.uk/training
- Opening hours: We are open 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, except Queen’s Hospital, Burton, which is open 8:30-am-4:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am-4pm on Fridays. We are unable to offer 24 hour access, but will reintroduce this when it’s safe.
- Space to work: use our study spaces, to work, study, and reflect away from the pressures of your home, office, or clinical environment. You can use one of our computers or bring your own laptop.
As always, you can access many of our services without coming to the Library. For more details about our services, see https://www.dchslibrary.co.uk/
If you have any questions, please contact your nearest library using the details at https://www.dchslibrary.co.uk/contact-us