10 Quick tips to avoid winter slips and trips from the health and safety team
- Walk slowly and carefully in sturdy footwear with a good grip.
- Take your time and use special care when getting in and out of vehicles.
- Watch out for slippery floors when entering buildings.
- Avoid walking with your hands in your pockets, or carrying items in your hands, use a backpack.
- Be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on the path in front of you.
- Take small steps in potentially icy areas, and give yourself extra time to get from A to B.
- Watch out for any pipe leaks onto the ground (potential ice spots) – report it.
- Report any walkways that have not been gritted.
- Don’t be tempted to look at your phone whilst walking!
- Monitor the temperature, as prevention is key.
Remember ‘Ice and Snow mean Take it Slow’