Do you want to better understand how to support and work with gender diverse people?
GIRES (Gender Identity Research & Education Society) has produced e-Learning to support Healthcare Teams providing care for gender diverse individuals.
There are two modules looking at healthcare for gender diverse (transgender, non-binary, non-gender) people. It includes definitions of key terms, an overview of treatment, referral pathways, ongoing treatment and monitoring in collaboration with specialised services.
- Module 1 - working with Adults
- Module 2 - working with Children and Young People
Cultural competence is also addressed as this is an essential element in underpinning the successful care across a broad range of medical and social services for service users of all ages. The e-learning programme is designed for:
- Health and social care providers including people working in care-homes, hospitals, schools and GP surgeries;
- Medical professionals;
- Non-clinical staff working in healthcare
- Educational professionals including school nurses; and
- Gender diverse people and their families.