Windows 10 Replacement to 20H2
Windows 10 Replacement to 20H2 - mandatory upgrade for all DCHS devices
There is an urgent requirement to upload the new updated version of Windows which is called 20H2 to your device with immediate effect.
Your device is already updated if the operating system that appears in the bottom right hand corner of your desktop background states ‘Windows 10 Enterprise 2009’. This should appear just beneath your patching status and ‘date last patched’. If it does not appear then please follow the instructions below:
- For sim card users please ensure the sim is disconnected and your device is connected via an onsite network cable or home Wi-Fi. Non sim card users please continue as below.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom left of your task bar.
- Type Portal Manager into the search bar and click enter
- A new page will open. Double click on the Windows 20H2 icon – installation will commence.
- You will be notified once the installation is complete.
We suggest the installation is commenced towards the end of the working day or at a quieter period. However, please ensure the installation is complete prior to closing down your device otherwise it may lead to the device becoming corrupt. Please do not leave switched on overnight.
Please note, if you have versions of Microsoft Project or Visio older than 2016, or any specialised programmes, please contact the team on dchst.N365-20H2queries@nhs.net
Over the next few days we will begin forcing this upgrade to all remaining devices which have not yet been updated. This means your device will update automatically and you will have minimal control over the when the upgrade takes place. Doing the upgrade as per the instructions above will allow you to do so at your convenience.
The upgrades for N365 are still ongoing but this is separate to 20H2. Any queries please contact the team on dchst.N365-20H2queries@nhs.net