CQC results - outstanding Dental and MIU
Congratulations to all our colleagues in the dental service in Derbyshire and Leicestershire and our MIU service at Buxton, Ripley, Ilkeston and Whitworth who achieved a tremendous outstanding rating in the Care Quality Commission (CQC) results announced on Friday.
This is some of what the CQC said about our dental service:
- “…clinical staff delivered care over and above best practice guidelines in relation to dentistry; this included adaptations to provide individualised special care dentistry, conscious sedation dentistry in primary care, paediatric dentistry and preventive dental care through detailed patient assessment and individualised treatment plans which took into consideration each patient’s specific dental and special care needs.
- The community dentistry service coordinated treatment input for patients living with special needs who were undergoing general anaesthesia. This included podiatry, venepuncture and other interventions which would be distressing to the patient. This also reduced the number of health care attendances required by patients.
This is some of what the CQC said about our MIU service:
- Frail elderly patients and children, those living with dementia or a learning disability were prioritised for care in the Minor Injuries Unit (MIU).
- The MIU was providing a very responsive service. It was consistently exceeding targets in respect of time spent in MIU and the time patients waited for treatment.
The CQC also rated your caring as outstanding across all our sites and services and here’s some of what the CQC said about you all:
- Patients were treated with kindness, compassion, dignity and respect throughout all of the services we inspected
- During our observations of staff and patients interaction we found staff were focused on the individual needs of patients making them feel valued and respected.
- Staff were observed going above and beyond what they were expected to do so they provided the best possible care for their patients.
We caught up with some of the dental and MIU staff yesterday for a few photos and we’ll be getting our camera along to more of the teams over the coming days, to capture those smiles and put them online!
In the pictures: Stacey Hanslow, Natalie Jenkins and Lorraine Wadsworth from Swadlincote dental team and members of the team at Ripley MIU.