Dignity Action Day
Today is Dignity Action Day #DAD2017 - an annual opportunity for health and social care workers, and members of the public, to uphold people’s rights to dignity and provide a truly memorable day for people who use care services. On Dignity Action Day, health and social care workers are asked to promote dignity in their place of work and members of the public are also asked to promote dignity for people in their communities.
Supporting Dignity Action Day will:
- Raise awareness of the importance of Dignity in Care
- Provide someone with an extra special day
- Demonstrate that everybody in the community has a role to play in upholding Dignity in Care
- Remind the public that staff have a right to be treated with dignity and respect too
- Provide a great community networking opportunity.
Ideas on how you can take part in Dignity Action Day can be found online.
If you would like any more information or support please contact:
Lana-Lee Jackson, Head of Patient and Family Centred Care
The Patient Experience Team
Telephone: 01773 525119