Less Travel, More Productivity
We spend alot of money on travel each year and as more and more care is provided closer to home, this will mean even more work travel miles by our community teams. We can't easily reduce this, but there are a few simple things we can all do to help reduce the Trust's spend on non-clinical travel. Less time in the car means greater productivity and a better home/work balance too.
Think about adopting one of these ways to reduce your spend on travel:
- Reduce the number of face to face meetings you have-if you hold regular weekly meetings look at moving these to fortnightly. If you hold regular monthly meetings, see if you can move these to six-weekly.
- Provide facilities for people to call in to meetings if they cant attend in person.
- Replace some face to face meetings with phone or video conference/WebEx. Consider alternating between face to face and virtual meetings.
- Make sure you undertake as much of your training through e-learning as possible.
- If you cover a wide area, consider splitting your week up between different sites so you're not travelling to each site daily.
- If your a manager, understand how much you, and your team, are spending on travel. You can get reports from ePay, and we can help report specifically on non-clinical travel.
Contact Mel Deighton on Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org or 07786 46165 for:
- Help with teleconference or WebEx accounts
- Help using WebEx
- Support to help staff use e-learning
- Equipment like webcams, headsets and speakerphones to try out.
- General advice about reducing travel and working differently.