Lock it or Lose it
Quick security reminder from Craig Burton, our Security & Emergency Planning Officer:
Following a spate of recent incidents, please can all Staff be extra vigilant and ensure that all windows, doors, buildings, vehicles are secure when not in use and locked at the end of the day/overnight and to turn off the lights.
If I can please re-iterate that it is the responsibility of all staff to close, lock and protect your workplace. You know the workplace better than anyone so protect it.
With this in mind have look around at your site and think to yourself how easy is it to gain entry.
- Have belongings and bags out of sight – preferably in a locker;
- Where are keys kept, are they in a safe place (not easily seen or reachable);
- Can the doors be locked and bolts used to stop entry to secure areas;
- Report any suspicious behaviour; and
- Lock offices when not in use.
I cannot stress enough the importance of this and it is everyone's responsibility to ensure that windows, doors, buildings, vehicles are secure and locked as this prevents a breach of security.
Remember “Lock it, or Lose it”
Many thanks for your support on this.
If you have any questions relating to security or the information guidelines above then please contact myself on 07833 295383 or by email at email@example.com (secure email address)