It is important that you follow these instructions prior to attending the induction to avoid any unnecessary issues arising. Please ensure you bring the following on the first day of your induction:
- Fully completed new starter form – HR03. (This will be forwarded to you by your Staffing Solutions Officer, unless you joined prior to the induction).
- Fully completed bank details form – PA02. (This will be forwarded to you by your Staffing Solutions Officer, unless you joined prior to the induction).
- ID documentation - click here for guidance and requirements
- ID documentation for Smart Cards - at least three forms of ID (photo and non-photo), including proof of address
Forms to Complete
- New Starter form - issued by Staffing Solutions
- Bank details form - issued by Staffing Solutions
We want to ensure that all DCHS new joiners are equipped with as much Trust information as possible and that you complete all relevant mandatory training as soon as you commence employment. You will therefore be booked onto a mandatory corporate induction programme, usually from day one of your employment. The length of your corporate induction will depend on your job role and will be confirmed with you prior to joining as outlined below:
3 days - Non clinical staff
3.5 days - Some categories of staff
4 days - Some categories of staff
5 days - Clinical staff
The programme also varies dependent on your job role. An example of what could be included on the programme is outlined below:
- Executive Welcome
- Care Quality Commission
- Making every Contact Count
- Patient Experience
- Equality and Diversity
- Information Governance
- Fire Safety Training
- Health and Safety/Patient Safety
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Occupational Health
- Safeguarding Adults & Children
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Care
- Hate Crime Awareness
- Electronic Self Service (ESR)
- Your Attendance Matters (YAM)
- DCHS Appraisal
- Recognition of Deteriorating Patients (RODP)
- Patient Handling
Induction events usually take place at Walton Hospital, Speedwell Development Centre, Chesterfield, S40 3HW but please refer to your email correspondence regarding your induction for confirmation of venue. Travel expenses will be paid in line with DCHS policy. Failure to attend the corporate induction may result in a delay in commencing employment. If you have difficulty attending this venue please discuss with your Appointing Officer.
Following your induction, you will begin your Induction period within your workplace, sign all necessary documentation and you will be allocated a buddy to support you during induction and help you to settle in.
FUNDAMENTALS IN CARE TRAINING FOR NON-REGISTERED CLINICAL SUPPORT STAFF
Following induction, all bands 1-4 non-registered clinical support staff will also be required to attend a ‘fundamentals in care’ programme lasting 10 working days to equip you with grounding in practical skills.
This 2 week programme of development will introduce you to the fundamental skills in caring for patients and prepare you for taking up your post in DCHS. On successful completion of this programme you will take up your post and be supported throughout your probationary period to develop the skills required to ensure high quality care is delivered at all times.
On successful completion of your probationary period our career pathway will support you in undertaking a nationally recognised qualification, at present we support our staff in undertaking the Diploma in Health Care which is a work based programme of assessment and assignments within your work place for which you are observed and assessed.